Monday, February 13, 2006

Maybe Evil Robot Monkeys Do Eat Bananas, After All

I just found this now, though it's a story from the fall of 2004:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5941187/

British scientists are developing a robot that will generate its own power by eating flies. Pretty cool, except they attract the flies using shit, so they're stinky. So maybe these monkeys really do consume organic matter - maybe that's why they kidnap some people. I don't know. I need to talk to DAISI about it but she's kind of sensitive about the history of the robots and I can't ask her too much at once.


I do have a lot to tell you all about our life in the basement with DAISI. Soon, I hope; we're really busy, as you can imagine. She's really good with electronics, and that's been a godsend. First we convinced Derek to let us use electricity - first we had to paper mache over the former windows just to make sure there weren't any cracks that were letting out light. Then DAISI rigged up some kind of generator - I don't really understand what she did, but it works really well, and now we have all the power we could use. Then she set up some surveillance cameras outside the building, and now she's working on rigging an EMP weapon. I think Derek was more comfortable without electricity at all (You can take the boy out of Amish country . . . ) but I think it's great. I wish we could get a TV - what's been happening on Lost? And Survivor?

Also she painted this little country goose pattern along the top of the wall, you know, like you'd do a wallpaper strip in your typical suburban house? I really don't like the country goose thing much, but it seems to make her happy, so whatever. You'd think that one advantage of living in a monkey-infested post-apocalyptic world is that you wouldn't have to deal with cheesey fake-country decorating any more, but I guess not.

More later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Geoffrey Milder said...

I've had difficulty in resolving issues between saccarine geese borders and EMP weapons. I hope you have better luck than I did.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, Clarisssa. Monkeys not eating humans. Making evil robot humans. Told you I. One days Clarisssa will be liking Daisi's geese. Guard geese, like Ballantines Distillery on Clyde. Scotland. Geese guard good. Very fierce, more than dogs fierce. Guard whiskey. Guard Clarissa.
I am Daisi. See. Learning.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the geese on our farm are really wonderful about letting us know if folks are coming around.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.