Monday, February 13, 2006

Geese

DAISI says:
Guard geese, like Ballantines Distillery on Clyde. Scotland. Geese guard good. Very fierce, more than dogs fierce. Guard whiskey. Guard Clarissa.


They're paint. PAINT! How protective can paint be? Even if it's totally lead-based paint, the monkeys would have to eat it and then, what, how long does it take to die from lead poisoning? I doubt it's going to do us much good, frankly.

DAISI and Derek were working on the EMP weapon (Derek's just handing her pieces; he's useless at electronics) and I was bored, so I went way over in the other corner of the basement, where they can't really see me, and drew fangs on some of the geese. It made them look really fierce, but it didn't make me feel much better. And Derek and DAISI are going to be cranky when they notice it.

And Geoffrey from Nova Scotia writes

I've had difficulty in resolving issues between saccarine geese borders and EMP weapons. I hope you have better luck than I did.


Thanks, G. What kind of problems did you run into? I think the plan is to have most of the mechanism outside, so it shouldn't be affected by the border - all that's inside is the trigger mechanism. When we spot monkeys surrounding the building to attack, we'll push the big red button, and poof! I'd been hoping that it would be sort of a permanent barrier, but apparently we don't have enough power to maintain something like that - so it's a one-shot weapon right now. Luckily DAISI doesn't require sleep, so she spends a fair amount of time on guard duty, watching the cameras.

I really hope we can trust her.

How bad are the monkeys in Nova Scotia? I heard Quebec went silent about a week and a half ago. Sometimes I wish I were religious, like Derek, so I could say things like "Canada is in our prayers."

1 Comments:

Blogger Geoffrey Milder said...

Ah, I see now where I went wrong...the Geese were the border ON the trigger mechanism. That, and the big red button on the EMP weapon we created was green. I can't think that helped any.

As for the monkeys in Nova Scotia--you and Robert are the first outside contact I've been able to make since the accident. Food supplies are running low and the phone lines are dead. Jimminy went out to seek a recent issue of TV Guide, and hasn't returned...I have come to the realization that I might never know how Survivor concludes this season.

Stay brave, stay free, fight the monkeys.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.