Monday, May 01, 2006

We Capture the Intruder

Friends, I am truly sorry that it has taken me so long to find the time to update y'all on what's been going on. As always, things are pretty crazy and it's hard to find time, let alone an internet connection. But I've got a few minutes, so I'll try to catch you up. It will probably take me a few days to bring you all up to speed, though, so please be patient! I'm well, those I love are well, and life is good. I hope it's the same for you.

OK, so. Remember I was talking about how things were weird in the library? The elevator would run, I'd hear footsteps, etc? But we never saw anyone? After my last post, DAISI and I left the library and rode my razor scooter over to the mall - it's just a few blocks from the library, so we thought it was worth the risk. We made it to the mall without mishap - no monkeys.

DAISI spent fifteen minutes trying to pick the lock on one of the main doors, but folks, let me tell you. She may be good at Scrabble, but she sucks at picking locks, ok? Finally I got tired of waiting and kicked the damn door open. It's just glass, and I was wearing jeans - no problem.

Have you ever been alone in a mall after hours? It's creepy. Places like that, you're used to having people around, and it just seems wrong when there aren't any.

Well, there were people, but they weren't alive. God. The monkeys must have attacked this mall on a Saturday afternoon or something - corpses everywhere. DAISI and I dragged all the corpses on the first floor into the Foot Locker. Though they were kind of, uh, rotten. "Dragged" is not the best word. I don't want to talk about it.

Anyway. The Radio Shack was on the second floor. The second floor was as bad as the first. We put those bodies in Victoria's Secret, mostly, then put the rest in Borders.

It's just not dignified to leave them lying around on the escalator like that. I can't bury them but I can't just leave them like that.

God. Why don't they put liquor stores in malls here?

I didn't have the heart to go to the third floor. I'm sorry. I am so sorry.

Radio Shack was on the second floor. We got what we needed quickly, and came back to the library. DAISI spent the day installing surveillance cameras. She was kind of pissed, because back when she was an evil robot monkey, she was really good at sniffing out humans - but she hadn't been able to find whoever was in the library with us. She seemed to take it as a personal failure.

"It's ok," I told her. "You're just a robot monkey." She didn't seem very consoled, though. Bitch challenged me to Scrabble, and beat me by 300 points. And, HELLO, why aren't perfectly good anglo-saxon words in the Scrabble dictionary? They are so fucking biased towards Modern English. It just isn't fair.

After three days, our surveillance paid off. We saw someone going into the microfiche room.

Ooops, gotta go. Tell you the rest tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.