Saturday, March 04, 2006

Moving On

I always thought people who talked about how their "heart" was "breaking" were indulging in hyperbole - but no. They're not.

Oh, God, this sucks so bad.

I don't want to get into it. I don't want to tell you the blow-by-blow, the he-said and she-said and the-god-damn-scrabble-cheating-nun-said and the robot-monkey-said and then the baby started crying and -

Damn it, I'm crying again.

Ok. Well.

After the razor blade incident, I untied Derek and Maddie (eventually). A lot of things were said, a lot of awful things. I didn't know Zen nuns could swear like that! Actually I didn't really understand that Derek could swear like that, either, though I suspected he had hidden talents.

Anyway. It is now clear that Maddie is a human and that I am a fucking psychopath and -

The baby's crying again. How can I leave the baby?


We've talked it over. We've talked rationally and we've screamed irrationally and I've cried and Derek has cried and Maddie has cried and it is just one giant clusterfuck.

And in the end, we all agreed: I'm leaving. It's the only way. I hate it but it's the only fucking way, at least for now. I guess those damn ducks will have to protect them.

At least until Maddie's wound heals. Until Derek forgives me.

Until I forgive him.

The baby's crying again. It's the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. I may never hear it again.

I have to go now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad humans. Low tensile strength, human hearts. Breakable. DAISI sorry. DAISI watching Clarissa. Geese watching baby and other stupid fuck humans. Only for Clarissa. Stupid cheating fuck nun hurting Clarissa. More than cutting, breaking heart hurts. Derek not protecting Clarissa. Schraaaa. Screeeeet. Going.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Geoffrey Milder said...

Start moving North.

Stay brave, stay free, fight the monkeys.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Poppasan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Poppasan said...

I hadn't been here in a while, and I started reading this post, and thought: oh, my God -- what happened to, um, Clarissa?

Then I read about the Zen nuns, the razor blades, and Jimmy Carter . . . breathed a sigh of relief, and then -- asked myself exactly the same question.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no. Clarissa, don't leave them. You have no idea...

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.